Monday, January 26, 2009

Be careful little eyes what you see

I have a funny, but also a little scary in a wake up call sort of way story to share with you today. My son, jakey is almost 15 months old and loves to watch sesame street and clifford. No problems with those. I have always been told me that kids are like sponges and will absorb anything and everything that goes on around them, well...I knew this day would come, I just didn't think so soon. We were watching tv (a football game I believe) when a commercial came on for old spice...you can view the commercial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrSNzSkvi70
and LL Cool J is featured in the commercial. At the end of the commercial he kisses his fingers and throws a peace sign. Well, jakey, immediately after the commercial ended, kissed his hand and started laughing. He's been doing it since then. He always laughed at us when we would blow him kisses, but had never tried to do it himself until he saw LL Cool J doing it.
Apparently other kids think it's funny too. It may not be their target audience, but there's another video on youtube of a baby around jakey's age laughing histerically at the commercial. So it was funny and cute, and J-train and I just laughed, but it did make me think about how observant jakey is and how he is watching everything we do and everything we watch and listening to everything we say. Am I being careful enough? What more can I be doing? I have totally failed in this aspect of parenting many times, but it's never too late to start again and renew a committment to be the best possible example for him. Anyhow, it was pretty cute, and considering I used to have a crush on LL Cool J when I was a youngster, it touched my heart. It was funny and I briefly thought about changing jakey's nickname to "lil cool j". What do you think?? He's so stinkin cute!

S.B.

1 comment:

  1. Did you say used to have a crush? Haha! Too cute, I would have loved to see that !

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

About Me

My photo
A Bible believin, amazing-husband keepin, precious-baby-boy havin, levi-the-labradoodle lovin, sweet-tea drinkin, indie-movies/music lovin, cloth-diaper usin, sewing/craft makin, never-ending-weight-battle fightin, coffee drinkin, southern girl. Malibu Barbies can kiss my grits.