These are the 2 things I wish Jakey had come with. Well...the instruction book isn't as necessary as the helment, but it would be nice for sure. It seems over the last couple of months (I guess since he got really comfortable on his feet) he is constantly taking bumps and bruises. He has just started running and now he gets going really fast and can't stop himself. He just propels his body forward and then it's hard to slow down. Tonight J-train gave Jakey a bath and afterward he came running nakey to see me in the office! (where I was hard at work on the computer - checking my email) (Jakey came running in nakey, not J-train...in case you were wondering!) Anyhow, he was running so fast with his little round tummy sticking out and propelling him forward faster and faster and had his little arms going too, and his head bobbing from side to side and then boom...the side of his face, over his right eye, hit the corner of the desk. It was horrible. He was just an inch too close. It didn't bleed, but did leave a little bruise and a red mark going diagonally across his eye-bone. Of all the places to hit---the corner of the desk---and his eye! It was like I saw the whole thing happening in slow motion and even though he was only 2 feet from me, I couldn't get my hand out fast enough to slide it in-between the desk and his face. I felt horrible and he was crying and I scooped him up immediately and ran into the nursery and rocked him in the rocking chair. I held him tight and kept saying I was sorry I couldn't stop it from happening. Those are the moments when I need the helment and the instruction book. J-train was very concerned, but kept his cool. I on the other hand started freaking out about if he could see and what if his eye was damaged, etc. etc. J-train told me to calm down and that Jakey would be more freaked out if I was acting totally freaked out...I hate it when he's right like that. Anyhow, after about 1 minute (which is forever when your baby boy is crying) he stopped crying and went over to his toy chest (it's a large laundry basket pretending to be a super-cool toy chest!) and grabbed his pirate ship and started making it move around and make sounds. J-train said he was fine, and if he couldn't see he would still be crying, and his eye would be red and probably not even open...but I still insisted maybe he couldn't see, and how did he know that everything was ok...so J-train held Jakey and covered his left eye while I waved my hand and a green jewel drawer pull around in the air, and Jakey reached out to grab it and kept following it with his right eye. YES!!! He could see!!! I worry about crazy tragedies like that happening a lot...one of my quirky little OCD things. Anyhow, I am so thankful AGAIN that God protected him AGAIN! His eye could have been damaged, or it could have been worse, but it was just a little bump. Anyhow...I still wish for the helment. And the instruction book would be nice when he pitches a temper-tantrum because he can't put 5 goldfish in his mouth at once and then hold 10 more in each hand...darned old mom making him chew up what he has in his mouth first. Temper tantrums are no fun!!! Neither are boo-boos. I'm just glad that at the end of the night I was able to hold him in my arms and rock him to sleep and feel him breathing and see his sweet little baby face with his eyes closed and his arms tucked in by his tummy. We just rocked and rocked until he fell asleep and then I just held him close and tight, and listened to him breathe and thanked God for my precious baby boy.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Instructions and a helment
These are the 2 things I wish Jakey had come with. Well...the instruction book isn't as necessary as the helment, but it would be nice for sure. It seems over the last couple of months (I guess since he got really comfortable on his feet) he is constantly taking bumps and bruises. He has just started running and now he gets going really fast and can't stop himself. He just propels his body forward and then it's hard to slow down. Tonight J-train gave Jakey a bath and afterward he came running nakey to see me in the office! (where I was hard at work on the computer - checking my email) (Jakey came running in nakey, not J-train...in case you were wondering!) Anyhow, he was running so fast with his little round tummy sticking out and propelling him forward faster and faster and had his little arms going too, and his head bobbing from side to side and then boom...the side of his face, over his right eye, hit the corner of the desk. It was horrible. He was just an inch too close. It didn't bleed, but did leave a little bruise and a red mark going diagonally across his eye-bone. Of all the places to hit---the corner of the desk---and his eye! It was like I saw the whole thing happening in slow motion and even though he was only 2 feet from me, I couldn't get my hand out fast enough to slide it in-between the desk and his face. I felt horrible and he was crying and I scooped him up immediately and ran into the nursery and rocked him in the rocking chair. I held him tight and kept saying I was sorry I couldn't stop it from happening. Those are the moments when I need the helment and the instruction book. J-train was very concerned, but kept his cool. I on the other hand started freaking out about if he could see and what if his eye was damaged, etc. etc. J-train told me to calm down and that Jakey would be more freaked out if I was acting totally freaked out...I hate it when he's right like that. Anyhow, after about 1 minute (which is forever when your baby boy is crying) he stopped crying and went over to his toy chest (it's a large laundry basket pretending to be a super-cool toy chest!) and grabbed his pirate ship and started making it move around and make sounds. J-train said he was fine, and if he couldn't see he would still be crying, and his eye would be red and probably not even open...but I still insisted maybe he couldn't see, and how did he know that everything was ok...so J-train held Jakey and covered his left eye while I waved my hand and a green jewel drawer pull around in the air, and Jakey reached out to grab it and kept following it with his right eye. YES!!! He could see!!! I worry about crazy tragedies like that happening a lot...one of my quirky little OCD things. Anyhow, I am so thankful AGAIN that God protected him AGAIN! His eye could have been damaged, or it could have been worse, but it was just a little bump. Anyhow...I still wish for the helment. And the instruction book would be nice when he pitches a temper-tantrum because he can't put 5 goldfish in his mouth at once and then hold 10 more in each hand...darned old mom making him chew up what he has in his mouth first. Temper tantrums are no fun!!! Neither are boo-boos. I'm just glad that at the end of the night I was able to hold him in my arms and rock him to sleep and feel him breathing and see his sweet little baby face with his eyes closed and his arms tucked in by his tummy. We just rocked and rocked until he fell asleep and then I just held him close and tight, and listened to him breathe and thanked God for my precious baby boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
Followers
About Me
- Southern Barbie
- A Bible believin, amazing-husband keepin, precious-baby-boy havin, levi-the-labradoodle lovin, sweet-tea drinkin, indie-movies/music lovin, cloth-diaper usin, sewing/craft makin, never-ending-weight-battle fightin, coffee drinkin, southern girl. Malibu Barbies can kiss my grits.
You are such a good Mommy! To answer your question about the horse, no we haven't found our horse yet. I'm taking my time, its a big deal ya know. When I do you for sure can come and see it. Hope you are doing good, have a wonderful day! Love ya!
ReplyDelete